Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello, hello 2010




Hello, hello. What a great way to start the new year. I finally have my own blog on blogspot....yeay!! Two thumbs up to myself.

2010 is a very important year to me. Year 2009 is one of the hardest, toughest and the most boring year of all. True I graduated, but after graduation, I become a jobless graduate...the thing that kept me sane is my sis because she gives me the satisfaction to bully her and boss her around. I've stayed in KL for 2++ months after graduation I think, but it turned bad...all the family dramas.... I won't disclose the details here; my only advice to Muslim men out there is, if you plan to have more than one wife (polygamy), think again!! It may be fun at first, with all the sex with the young wife but think about the responsibilities. It's not as easy as you think.

Anyway, other than the family dramas, my social life is non-existence. I stayed at home. I don't have many friends to start with and the only friends I have is in KL. I do have friends in Ipoh, my neighbors, primary schoolmates, but mostly they are guys and they hang out at night, so obviously I did not join them. The only time I went out with these people is to watch Storm Warriors, luckily I'm not the only girl there or it will be really weird.

The other reason that I was really bored is that I don't have any transport. After graduation, I have to return my beloved scooty to his owner. So, if I want to go anywhere, I have to borrow my mum's car or by not-so-efficient-Ipoh-public-bas. Usually I take the bus because my mum does not really trust me with her car except to go to pasar malam or the market where I will drive the car and go there with the maid and my sis.

The only good thing about my "tempoh menganggur" is that I learnt to cook. I am quite proud with my achievements in this area. I can know cook all sorts of cooking with sambal, sambal tempe, sambal udang and petai, 3 days ago I experiment and for the first time ever " buat padprik ayam"..... I am also good at making nasi minyak and ayam masak merah, I can now do ayam goreng berempah, got the recipe from Hafiz, only on 2009 I actually tried it. Not bad for a beginner right?

It is very important for me to learn how to cook because my father pressured and threaten me that if I don't learn to cook and if I get married, my husband will cheat on me with other women who are better cooks. Reality check: Not all men are like you daddy!!!

Still, I learnt to cook not because I'm afraid my husband will cheat on me, but just to prove to daddy dearest that I can do it and I came to love cooking. It's not that difficult. Everyone can cook just like what Chef Gusteau said in Ratatouille.

So, I'm signing out for now. I'm sure I'll submit more post that I have a blog now....





4 comments:

  1. hi oNe, congratulations on your new blog. and i am the first comment, yay!!! just to let u know, i dah link your blog to mine.
    i really like the pic u used, and your url, miss-oney, and the title, a different story. what can i say? its so YOU. bravo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey dima...aku bangga dowh kau comment....so me? miss-oney? ntahla....i still budak baru belajar....nak guna blog ni pun aku tak reti sgt....there's always room to learn right? hopefully, our blog meriah la wpun both of us je...komen each other....better than nothing

    ReplyDelete
  3. will link your blog to mine.. welcome to the club. and dear.. cooking is among the best therapy.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmndangkan blog aku is now defunct, x mampu la nak menglink. huhu.

    ReplyDelete